Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Alt Reisen


lol regular posting


This arose from a terrible pun someone made about "Alt Eisen" from SRW and "Reisen" from Touhou. Wasn't terribly high-effort, and looks ok for it, although it took FOREVER anyway.

This is also the first lineart I've done in PaintTool SAI - usually I can't be bothered with picking up new software, but Photoshop's lineart was bugging me for a long time, and SAI is pretty awesome (and uses shortcuts which are almost identical to Photoshop).

2 comments:

Isaque said...

Terrible pun is terrible.

So how exactly is this SAI thing gooder at line art?

JUNK said...

Basically, Photoshop isn't very granular - if you ask for a 3 pixel line, you either get a fuzzy one or a solid one. SAI has conveniently placed sliders for everything, and they're pretty effective. It also has a LOT more variations of brush modes, all with a fair amount of control. Also, effective input smoothing (with sliders again) which helps my shakyhands, and that canvas-rotation thing, and etc.

Photoshop is better for fancy stuff, and I think I still prefer it for colouring, but SAI can really do much better lineart.