Sunday, January 20, 2008

O darkened storm clouds, loose thy blade!


Mm, just kinda started randomly drawing a pose, and then decided Morrigan would be the best fit.. and then didn't feel like just having her left arm dangling, so I gave her a sword... which in turn inspired the background, and that in turn inspired the title of this post. ;p 10 points if you can recognize the sword from another game. (And points don't matter, and the Tales of the Abyss spell quote isn't too relevant either.)

I still wonder if I'm shading the purple parts of her wings correctly.. and maybe one day I'll stick to a consistent bat pattern rather than placing them randomly each time...

I wanted to horizontally flip the picture too (simply since I'm guessing Morrigan would more likely hold a sword in her right), yet for some reason, it seems to look worse that way....

Edit: Slightly changed the background. Didn't change the thumbnail.

3 comments:

Isaque said...

Mirroring the image while working on it is a good way to check for mistakes. It's easy to get attached to what you're drawing and overlook small errors, but mirroring tricks your mind into thinking its a different image--allowing you to see problems that you might have overlooked.

Tha Ninjha said...

thats a good trick!
other than that, I like your colour schemes, it works well.

JUNK said...

The wings look good to me! Be careful of where here eyes are placed, though?

So what's the sword from? Looks Diablo-ean.